Helping a national charity become regionally relevant
To deliver regionally relevant communication campaigns for Comic Relief’s two major fundraising initiatives, Red Nose Day and Sport Relief.
What we did
- Delivered campaigns across Wales, West Midlands, West and South West of England for Red Nose Day 2015 and Sport Relief 2016
- Created media moments with fundraisers, funded projects, schools and media partners
What we love about Comic Relief:
They understand that investing in local media prompts people to do positive things
For Red Nose Day 2015:
- Placed a total of 21 project stories in local press during the six week campaign
For Sport Relief 2016
- Built strong relationships with the Welsh Rugby Union, BBC, local press and sports clubs which resulted in 2 million being raised in Wales.
- Beat the Community Cash application target by 41%
- Sold out Swimathon events across all regions
- Delivered the largest Sport Relief Games outside of London.
For Red Nose Day 2017:
- Worked with BBC radio and TV across the four regions, securing 225 pieces of broadcast coverage
- Attended 11 celebrity project visits and photo stunts
- Organised three media moments including a pop-up Zumba class in Plymouth City Centre and The World’s Smallest Comedy Club*
- Placed 26 project stories in local press
- Launched ‘Comic Relief Live’, stand-up comedy gigs in Cardiff and Birmingham